Can you integrate meditation into body movement? How do you maintain a calm, centered mind in everyday life?
MEET Rev. Won Gong
Rev. WonGong (affectionately known as Rev. Wow!) is a lifetime dedicated dharma teacher. A pioneering Won Buddhist priest, she has established temples in Chapel Hill and Raleigh, North Carolina. She is a guest lecturer at schools, colleges, and meditation centers, teaching Buddhist philosophy and meditation to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Rev. Wow! leads workshops, retreats, youth dharma camps, and cultural enrichment programs. She integrates creative forms of meditation with body movement, vocal Qigong, breathing techniques, guided meditation, and laughter. She is active in the international interfaith community and is a leading Korean-to-English translator of dharma teachings, serving as a spiritual bridge between East and West.
Rev. Wow! is a master of integrating Buddhist concepts in daily practice. Her kind, compassionate, and wise nature makes her an effective teacher and a valued life counselor. She loves gardening and singing. In 2018, she released a CD, Chants of Samadhi for Daily Practice. In 2020, she released her second CD, Chants for Healing.
IN THIS PODCAST:
- What is a Dharma teacher? 3:00
- Timeless, Placeless Meditation 6:09
- Centering your mind & being present 12:00
- What is walking meditation? 13:45
What is a Dharma Teacher?
- What does Dharma mean?
- What makes a Dharma teacher a unique spiritual guide
- Understanding Dharma wisdom from Won Buddism tradition
Timeless, Placeless Meditation
- Meditation at rest vs. meditation in motion
- Integrating meditation into daily life and movement
- Engaging with tasks mindfully and appropriately
Centering Your Mind & Being Present
- Using our “planning,” mind
- Applying our meditative practices to focus on one thing at a time
What Is Walking Meditation?
- How to get started with walking meditation
- Centering our energy and connecting with the earth
- Techniques for walking meditation
Connect With Me
Join the private Facebook group
Sign up for my free email course: www.holisticcounselingpodcast.com